These stories are all amazing in their own way. For example, "The Gimli Glider" talks about how the crew of a brand-new 767 must land it like a glider when it runs out of fuel mid-flight. "The Radioactive Boyscout" shows how one person, with a little ingenuity and some patience, can create a nuclear-waste facility in his or her own home. Each one puts a new twist on life in a technological society!
- The Gimli Glider - How to land a 767 full of passengers that runs out of gas!
- The Radioactive Boy Scout - How to create your own radioactive waste site!
- Surviving Partial Ejection from A-6 Aircraft - definitely not funny, but fascinating.
- Just A Drop In The Bucket - How to create the world's biggest deep fryer!
- Cashing a Fake Check - How to make money off all that junk mail you get!
- Jet Assisted Take-off - The famous story of the guy, his car and the JATO rocket! (also interesting)
- The Story of Oak Island -- the world's most amazing treasure hunt!
- Traffic Waves - How to play in traffic!
- The Strange Tale of Denial of Service Attacks against grc.com - How to bring web sites to their knees!
- How to catch an alligator
- Jumping from 30,000 Feet - How to leap from an airplane 5 miles up!
- Burning a Next Cube - How to have some fun with fire.
- An Unbelievable Man-Made Disaster - How to create your own Grand Canyon!
- Converting a car to LP gas - Long, and not really funny, but one person's very good explanation of how he converted his car to LP gas and what happened when he did. Similarly, here's an excellent story from a guy who converted two cars to electric vehicles.